Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hazel put 42's on his Ramcharger with 6" lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigk, Apr 6, 2002.

1. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

Hazel put 42\'s on his Ramcharger with 6\" lift

Anybody see this in the new 4WOR? It's got me hot to do the same to my K5. Should flexy springs be used or fairly stiff ones? Any experiences on this?

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: Hazel put 42\'s on his Ramcharger with 6\" lift

i have 39.5's with a 6" and It is a bit close for my liking. I chopped the HELL outta my fenders and I problably still need a ORD 1" Puck kit and move the axle an inch forward. At Full stuff I WILL rub.

And I am not a rich 4wheeler reporter to get new 42's every time i wheel. :rolleyes:

And those tubs are a joke. I will personally smack that guy when I see him. Wait till he sees what those 42's will do to them on full stuff/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

I think I saw it out in Moab, didn't realize it at the time, I didn't know they had chopped the roof. One of the guys (David something), and a girl (I think her name is Wendy Frasier?) were on Hells revenge taking pictures, didn't realize who they were at the time. I think my buddy will probably get his Sami in the mag, though, standing it up on his spare in the escalator.

Pete

4. Re: Hazel put 42\'s on his Ramcharger with 6\" lift

i think that RC is bad ars. i don't care if it's a dodge. i've always liked that body style and would own one over a Furd spanko any day. plus i think the whole idea behind the wheel tubs is that the tires wont hit now.

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Hazel has done a lot of things that I also have just done. Gutting the dash is one. I have the same heater. I will do the guages a little differently and yeah I don't really like the tubs either. I like the direction that they are going with this rig. No chrome, lotsa dents and full one ton conversion. All they need now is a chevy drivetrain. HE HE.
    juan

6. Re: Hazel put 42\'s on his Ramcharger with 6\" lift

i've seen a few dodges with 14 bolts under em. i guess everyone evetually has to start putting gm parts on their rigs when they get serious about wheelin! LOL!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

ihave an rc, its cavernous inside, van-like outside, and has a transfer case, totally bad-a55.

8. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i have a 78k5 with about 7" of lift and 42's.lots of fender trimming need!i have the back part of the front fenders cut back so theres about 3" left at the bottom.the rear part of the inner fender i removed.with 6"skyjacker front springs crossed up i have about 1" of clearance between the tire and the front part of the cab.the rear is not too bad but you don't want to do this unless you want to lose a whole lot of sheetmetal.but your right the 42's and hack fenders is a beautiful thing!

9. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I had 6" lift with 39.5s and seriously cut fenders. It still hit the tub under my feet when fully stuffed. Then i swapped in a D60 front and made some custom front spring hangers that dropped down 1" and moved the axle forward 2". This made my 6" lift more like 8" and I had to run 2" blocks in the back to level it out. Now the tires won't touch at all under extreme articulation and I'm considering 42s as my next set of tires.

Will

10. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

If you want 42's you will have to go high and cut the top of the lip off not just the sides, kind like this: http://coloradok5.com/temp/uavside.jpg

11. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

When did you do that?

12. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

After you cut through the lip, you can also fold the outer part of the inner metal (the piece between the inner wall and the outer skin) flat for a little more clearance, it curves down normally to meet the lip/seam.

Pete

13. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Right before Easter, I still have to do the front yet, I want to cut the lip off and make a notch out of the rad support so I can go high on the front of the fenders.