Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Hazing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Mar 5, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Just listening to the Ticket 1050 (Sport's talk radio) with Jim Rome. A story broke in a small town (don't know where) that a new kid was brought onto a team. The other player's gave him a ignitionation(sp?) to the team. Also known as "hazing" here's what they did. The team held down the new guy,forced a banana in his ass,and proceded taking turn's rubbing their testicles all over the new kids face. One of the worst stories I've heard about hazing. I feel bad for the kid..Look's like the kid is gonna be suing some people..

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I think 20/20 or 60 mintues did a show on teams doing hazing to the new players. Some of the stuff they do is just plain mean.

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> I hope he sues and wins big ........ Those kids are piles of $#!t in my book !

4. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

hazing is a big problem. one boy at my school was tied to a chair and put in a cold shower for about 20 seconds. then the people who put him in there took him out, and untied his hands, and let him untie the rest of him. they left. they did this becasue the kid wsa an a$$ since he came to the school in the middle of the year.
    the kid that got hazed was cool about it, as it did not hurt him, and so he did not tell until the school's honor council threatened him with suspension if he did not tell. he told them ,and three kids got kicked out, and another was suspended for two weeks. the one that is suspended was suspended through exams, so he will fail out of the school. (i go to a private school)
    i personally believe tha tthe story you wrote up there was disgusting, and nasty. but what the boys at my school did was not that bad. it did not hurt any one, nor was it destructive. i think that it was the no-tolerance policys that my school has that got them kicked out. it is sad that a little prank to get him to stop. it is sad that a "boys will be boys" incident can be blown into a gigantic mess like it did. the sad thing is that the kid wo got suspended was the one who had the idea. he and one that got kicked out both had a history of tobbaco and alcohol violations from the school. the worse one can still come back to school, and that is the saddest part.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Hazing is stupid. At least hazing as you are talking about. I played football all threw high school, and now at the college level. I have not had a problem with hazing at all. I am 6'4" and 285 lbs though. I understand people giving [censored] to the freshman and such. But twisted stuff or mean stuff isn't called for. I admit, I gave freshman a hard way to go sometimes as the football team captain, but nothing like that. During track season I would make the freshman get the shotputs and discuses all the time, and stupid stuff like that. They always knew though that I was just giving them crap for being a freshman, because I went threw the same things.

I was real suprised when i started playing college football though that I didn't get hazed, or anything. I was expecting to get hazed somehow, but it never happened. Once and a while they will give you a bit of a hard way to go, but nothing sick and twisted. Usually the only time they mess with you is when you mess with them. Most of the time it is the upper classmen messing with each other.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Stay away from frat houses if you don't want to be hazed in college. Those (censored) are the most sadistic (censored) on earth. I'm was 6'-1" (200 lbs at the time) and they didn't care how big (or puny) you were. 20 to 1 is not my kind of odds either. If you wanted in the frat bad enough - you went through their sh!t! I decided I didn't need "freinds" like that.

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

These are all very good ideas...
    We need to do this kind of hazing to Greg72 as the new moderator now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

eh...or at least give him a hard time for the next few weeks.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Banana in the ass and nuts in the face. Sounds like a pretty gay team. Not one I'd want to share a locker room with after finding out their idea of fun...

edited to avoid offending partakers of a certain sport...

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Can you say, "CHOMP!" No more hazing /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, i missed that story cause Rome was being such an idiot about it. I finally got tired of him saying that he wasnt gonna say it on the air (when we ALL knew he would...) so I just changed the station. His ratings loss.

At any rate, if the haze-ee is straight, I doubt he'd wanna be on said team as they are CLEARLY gay. If he's bi or gay, who knows maybe it wasnt that tramatic. In either case, I'd rather see the perps get a GOOD a$$ kicking that a big lawsuit. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

J