Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HD Crossmember question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by stevos67k20, Dec 19, 2005.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

iHi, I have a 67 k20 with a late model 73'-87' engine crossmember in it with a 454 on top.(73' i think). i was wondering if your new HD engine Crossmember will be compatible with my frame and engine. what will i need to make it work? i am asking this because i want to get a crossover steering system with 4 inches of lift and i dont want to hit the crossmember with the draglink. i really like the looks and design of your new HD engine crossmember....thank you.
    ~Steve K. :bow: ORD:bow:
    :truck: :truck:

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

To be honest, I'm not sure if it will work or not. If you're using the late model frame mount for the motor mounts, chances are good that it will fit. As long as the motor mount bolt points match up it will maintain the distance to the motor, I'm not sure how that will match up in elevation to your frame's bottom flange.
    Really, it's a question of how close your frame is to a '73-up after you switched the stuff out.
    It should be very close, the more I think about it.

3. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

thank you stephen. i dont know why i have that dumb crossmember in there in the first place. ive seen big blocks on the stock crossmember before..o well i will figure something out, thank you though, merry x-mas!