Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HD diff cover or rock ring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by durantk5, Nov 9, 2005.

1. durantk5

durantk5 Registered Member

i got a 14 bolt that i am getting ready to go into the k5 and need a good cover. i was either thinking about using the stock cover and the poision spyder rock ring or getting a heavy duty cover. which way should i go and what are some other god HD covers. thanks
    Nick

2. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeppers, go with a DIY cover or a GreatLakesOffroad cover. They are both tough as hell, and both companies are official vendors here on ck5. $100-110 is a heck of a price considering the time/effort/materials it would cost to make your own. I run a GLO cover on my ff14b and love it. I'm going to go with their "extreme" cover for the front 60. It has 3/4" total thickness on the center and counter-sunk bolt holes on the ring. Ohhh yeaaah. :bow:

j

4. durantk5

is there a site for the GreatLakesOffroad cover. i cant find it. and i do really like the one from DIY4X but its not on their site yet and i would like to know when it would be avalible. thanks.
    Nick

5. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

(Not to offend anyone) but the people around here tend to be less of the geeky variety. Their websites are commonly out of date or in need of some TLC. Look in the vendor forum, or PM them.

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

It's available now. I'm on here everynight so if you are needing one email me. My website does need some serious attention. I'd rather be in the shop!

info@diy4x.com

7. jekbrown

vendor forum...there isn't a current thread about diff covers so I snagged a pic off a pirate post. Anyway... here is the type I'm gettin.. tho mine will be the D60 version. Pretty sure all of shaun's covers come with a lifetime full replacement guarentee against breakage.

[​IMG]

j

8. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

I have that great lake offroad's cover.....AWESOME. I will be buying one for my 60 in a little bit, talk about indestructable! and for the price :eek1: . I also like DIY4X's products, high quality, I own his pinion guard, and I'm sure his diff guards are of the same high quality, will recommend him to anyone.

9. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

The shop IS the place to be (otherwise you wouldn't have all this cool new stuff to show us all the time). :laugh: If you need any help with the site I offer to help. :thumb: Geek is my middle name.

10. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Thanks for the offer. I have a really good Webmaster. I just need to sit down and put pictures with text and email them.

11. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

Awesome, can't wait to see all the new stuff. (And sorry for the hijack.)

12. durantk5

what is the site for the great lakes offroad cover. i still cant find it and since ive heard that they have some good stuff i want to check it out and shop around.

13. jekbrown

their web site is here...

linky

they don't really show much there though. If you check out the pirate vendors forums, they have threads selling most of their products there... usually with pics and answers to tech/application questions etc too. Shaun is a good guy. He sells stuff on ebay too...

linky2

j

14. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

15. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

You won't be hitting any rocks with that!

They'll either run scared or get split in two. :bow:

16. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I know most people will say they are over-priced but Crane makes a VERY stout cover for the 14bff...I have one on the D60 and the 14bff and I have smacked the hell outa both of them and they are AWESOME

Crane

17. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Here's one on EBAY
    [​IMG]

I just realized that this is from Great Lakes Offroad. :doah:

18. guido666

guido666 1/2 ton status

Really? That's good to know. I almost bought one of those, but didn't trust any quack selling stuff on eBay. But that pic is impressive.

19. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

I'm kind of offended Great Lakes put a pic of their cover on Pirate and not on CK5. HOW RUDE!! :mad: I'm half kidding, but I also didn't love the way they handled their impolite exchange with txfireman on their thread in the vendor forum. But that's just my personal opinion. Obviously many people have had good experiences with them, and I don't have any personal ones to share, so in all, I guess my opinion doesn't hold all that much water. I do know though, ever since I've been a member, I've never seen anything but praise for Kert and DIY4X. The "man" himself even asked him to do the CK5 hitch covers. Everthing he makes is beefy and beautiful. I don't think you could ever go wrong with his stuff. We need a butt-kissing smilie. :D

20. greatlakeoffroad

greatlakeoffroad Registered Member

Your right I need to get a good thread started here on these covers. As for txfireman your probably right I was most likely in the wrong as a salesman. That's most likely my weakest point I am very direct and possibly out of line at times. My pride and redneck side showing through all to well. Quite honestly I don't remember that discussion w/o reviewing it although I would rather not. I do recall I was frustrated over the situation. I try to give you guys the best answer and the best priced products/service. Thanks for your support. Shawn