Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HD Shackels

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by kgblazerfive, Oct 21, 2005.

1. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey have a question kind or dumb but, If I use the new HD shackels on a four inch shackel flip will it give me 2 more or only 1 more inch of lift? I'm reffering to the six inch longer ones. Oh nother question could these also be used to lower a truck?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We typically don't recommend using the 6" shackles with a 4" flip since you put the back of the spring way lower than the front. Depending on shackle angle, it can work, but not all the time. Usually the 2.5 flip with the 6" shackle is the way to go.
    Lift wise, the 6" shackle will give you about 1" of lift since it's 2" length. This does depend somewhat on the shackle angle.
    A 6" shackle in a stock tension shackle system will lower the vehicle about 1".

3. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

hey stephen, how much would it cost me if i wanted a pair of 7.5" long shackles to use with your 4" shackle flip. i have some home(hacked together)made shackles and they are the perfect length but i want something that is professionally made. what do you say?

4. Stephen

Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for our build it yourself kit. We have the parts to let you build your own tube style shackles at any length you want, the folded style are more of a production piece.

5. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

the build it yourself kit? i havent seen it. its for the rear tapered shackles right? i would be very interested in these. thanks.

6. Stephen

The "kit" I'm referring to is the collection of parts we used to build the HD rear shackles on the UAK10, it's a HD bushing assembly, length of heavy wall tube and a u-shaped spring hanger bracket, pricing is $68.00 for the pair, you cut to length and weld together.