Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HD Shackles

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 55Willy, Oct 24, 2001.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm putting mine on soon but I need to know what parts to grease, I went cheap and didn't buy the greasible ones. What pieces do I need to grease when I put them in? I can't find my instructions.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

You mean you have to grease them.[​IMG] I would grease every mating surface and get as much grease between the bolt and sleeve as you can too. I was not as cheap as you though[​IMG] I got the greaseable ones and greased everything before the install.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The bushing rotates on the steel sleeve, so make sure it has plenty of lube, then put some grease or anti-seize on the outside of the bushing and the inside of the spring eye so it's easier to take out later. That's about it. Grease everything!

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

ITs really easy ! I just installed them today and the biggest pain was getting the old ones out ! [​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    GO BUSH