Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HD TIE ROD

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by TWISTEDJACK, Sep 9, 2003.

1. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Another great product!!!!!!! I hammered it pretty good last weekend(not on intentionally,bad spotting)and it took the abuse just like you said it would. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I would recommend it to anyone!!

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear that, I just ordered one myself. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

3. muddinmike

muddinmike Registered Member

Bad spoting? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was told on another board i should punch my spotter in the mouth because of the dents in my quarter panels.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    (not on intentionally,bad spotting)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah yeah, blame the spotter!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif reminds me of my friend back in junior high who always blamed "the controller" when he died in a Nintendo game. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

5. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Bad spoting? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was told on another board i should punch my spotter in the mouth because of the dents in my quarter panels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Mike, had to blame somebody!! Can't help the dents when you are down to only 2WD! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif After snapping both axle shafts.

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Our in house wrecking crew (Beck) has had pretty good luck with the 1.5 x .375 rod also. They're pretty beefy.

7. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my zero-rates worked great also! First time with them on the trail. They did everything I was hoping except keep my starter from falling off! Oh, yeah and that BIG-O-DENT in my bed. Ooops... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

do the tie rods use the stock tie rod ends or do they come with some .....Jason

9. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

They use a stock type tie rod end but not the factory GM tie rod ends. We can build a heavy tube to use the 10 bolt type ends but the end with the stabilizer hole becomes a weak point. We prefer to use 2 short ends.
    We have the end kit with the ends and jam nuts in it to go with the HD tie rod.

10. muddinmike

well im a ford dude so dont shoot me.... but anyway i am interested in your hd tie rod and i would need a drag link too. I want heims on both ends and hopefully the heims will stack at the end where they come toghter on the knuckle? is that how it works? I am trying to swap a 79 bronco over to leaf spring but i have to take off my drop pitman arm to clear the leafs i think. so i was hoping some of that loss i can make up with the "stacked" heims. I am concerened that if just run no correction of the sterring angles with 6 to 8 inch of lift it will bind up where the drag link conects to the tie rod. Am i on the right track or am i way off base. does any of this make sense?

thanks
    Mike

hey kevin do you like my avatar better than yours? it's not quite as squashed as yours and you can copy the link if you want to change yours.
    Mike

11. muddinmike

http://bulletproofsteering.com/steeringoption.html

just like this i should say. I've heard lots of bad stories from this bone head so i was hoping you could help me out stephan. if its not your type of thing building them like this, no problem i just wanted to give you a shot first because i have heard nothing but great news about your company.

Mike