Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

He must of been bored........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, May 31, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

or the violator really stupid.......
    Coming home from another moving run, CHP had some ole boy pulled over. Mind you this is a city street way away from the CHP HQ or any highways. Must of interupted the chippies lunch run.

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Are they even allowed to do that? I thought they could only pull you over on the highways.

3. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

mandy, they way i understand it it goes like this:

CALIFORNIA highway patrol---anywhere in california
    COUNTY sheriff-----anywhere in the county
    CITY police----city limits

as far as i know this is correct. others such as bubba might be able to verify.

later, todd

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

In the People's Republik of Kaliforny, a law enforcement officer, no matter what agency, has state jurisdiction. Out here, you always see officers from one agency working way away from their local area.

I just found it funny cause I don't see too many CHP in town unless it's the local bar area (state highway is right there) or at Merle's.

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

That sounds about right for where I am also. FHP, county, city.

In fact it worked for a friend of mine some yrs back. He was drunk and going home. He made it to w/ in 100 yards of his house and dead centered a tree. City said it wasnt them, county said it wasnt them, so they had to wait for FHP. By the time they got there he was able to blow under the legal limit, and didnt get a DUI. Just reckless driving.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

They have their limits out here just like everywhere, but the "state officer" stuff comes up every so often such as the task forces and when someone does something really stupid in front of the cop.

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

The city cops around here will bust your bizalls for dumb stuff but will let 30 underage kids get smashed and not say a word to them when someone calls the police. Just make a ride thru, or tell an obviously drunk 17 yr old who can barely stand up to hold it down. My neighbor was a cop for the city and now is a state investigator and is normally the one who calls the police around here, and he just gets soo pissed when they dont do anything. The county is a bit better, but he cant call them because we live in the city limits. And one isnt allowed to mess w/ the others area unless its something serious. FHP only comes into play if city and county cant decide who the accident belongs to.