Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

He must take this off road...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skelly1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

2. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

lets see... way too much wheelbase to be anything practical... too much lift for a decent vehicle of any sort... crossed drag link and panhard bar (Bind City for those of you that didnt know)... nice steering block... awesome shackle angles, i bet this thing rides like a dream, you know the kind where you're getting chased by rabid werewolve who havent eaten in weeks... too many shocks, pointlessly arranged... and oh yeah, THE CHASSIS IS FLIPPIN PURPLE! not worth its weight in scrap.

4. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

That was featured in fourwheeler awhile back. Prety pimp as a show truck. Dont remember much besides it has a Dana 80 rear.

5. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

i don't see myself parking that bad boy to easily at the local wally world

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

yeah it a sick truck execpt the liberachi frame and the paint job. wheelbase is rediculous tho. I know a stock izuzu pup owner that could get over steeper angles than that high center mobile. 60,000 is way to much unless the dude just wants to have it in his garage to look at and take it to a couple shows every now and then. I wish rich people would give me some money.

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

all painted like that nad he had rust bolts on the sping hangers!!!

8. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Why is it that everytime I see a link like that in eBay, the description reads like it was written by a moron???

There are typos everywhere, bad grammar, and descriptions that are just ODD.

"AIR DAMN"?!?!? Come on buddy....give us all a break. :rolleyes:

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, yet another rig with a wasted set of axles and big block. People can buy whatever they want, and do whatever they want with them. If Bill Gates wanted to seek out and buy every single D60 ever made and melt 'em down to make sculptures for the MS campus in Seattle, he could do it... but when ever I see one in a rig like this all I can think is "wow, what a waste of good 4x4 parts".

j

10. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

11. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ha, thats funny because he used Dodge seats, those are the same black leather seats that are in my '01 Ram cummins.

I liked it better when it was featured in Fourwheeler. The 44" boggers and 16.5x14" welds looked better.

12. hawk368

hawk368 Registered Member

:what: :screwy: :rotfl: WHY? JUST WHY?

13. OffRoader93

OffRoader93 1/2 ton status

I have a question for you guys. Why is it everytime there is a bad a** show truck, you guys rip it apart? Who cares what the he** the wheel base is. Obviously he didn't plan on wheeling it anyhow. How about you guys support other people's dreams and not criticize their work. Just because his idea of fun isn't rockcrawling or mudding, don't trash talk a bad a** truck. Sounds like we have some jealousy issues. Let's be supportive on CK5. Thanks.

Brenton

P.S.- Nice truck somebody built!:D

14. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Why is it that whenever a truck like that gets torn appart somebody says we are jealous? Like i would really want that.

15. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

ok ok we get it.... you have a ram cummins.

16. OffRoader93

OffRoader93 1/2 ton status

Don't rip other people's **** apart. Maybe if you had something better than that, you could say something. You don't though. And yes there is jealousy because that truck is bad ass. Thanks.

Brenton

17. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

nobody is ripping it apart..... we are all in agreement except for you that the thing is a good piece to look at but otherwise useless. You have to realize that is the ricer scene in a nutshell... all bark and no bite. A 60,000 dollar truck with a purple chassis and a dumb paintjob. We are not jealous we honestly don't understand why somebody would spend that much money on something that is basically eye candy and nothing else. He put 40 inch boggers because he liked the way they look. I guess you don't understand us and we don't understand you. I just don't get the show truck scene. If i spent that much money and time on something like that i would wheel the **** out of it to get my moneys worth.

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

show us a badass show truck, and we probably wont rip it apart. show us one that is pretty enough to be showtruck worthy, and engineered properly to have the ability to tackle rough terrain (parking blocks are NOT rough terrain) and i'm sure it will get a more positive response.

oh, another thing... dont post a Ford on a GM website and expect us to all cheer as the pictures load. :surepal:

19. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

So you tell me not to say anything about that POS, yet you procede to tell me how my rig is inferior.:surepal:

99% of people here wheel, and can appreciate a well built truck that is practical. That truck is nowhere near well built, and as far from practical as you can get. If you like it, fine, but dont come to a wheeling site and try and tell us were not as cool as that guy because we have trucks built in the realm of reality.

20. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

good one! i love it when they start lining up the rear shocks like that. thats hot.im sure it rides smooth as silk.