Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Head bolts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by aussie72, Jan 25, 2004.

1. aussie72

aussie72 Newbie

Hey out there,
    first apologies if this has already been covered! Having been relocated from the San Juan mtns. to Sunny Queensland, Australia ( and suffering from flatlanditis ), thought I was smart bringing my '72 one owner with me. Rig is too nice to "build" which brings me to my problem - where can I get original grade 5 ( 3slashes on head, 3/8 - 16X1 1/4 & 3/8 - 16X1 5/8 - longer for cast AC bracket ) shouldered bolts for the intake manifold? Yeah, I know this is nerdy, but I'm trying to keep the rig original and don't want to use the ARP 12 points. Also looking for the original steel hot air duct from valve cover to air cleaner, original rubber oil filler plugs, and "tall" oil filler tube and brace.
    These may seem stupid questions, but you should try getting anyone to spell Blazer over here, let alone source parts!

Cheers

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Oil fill plugs and what not I'd check with lmc www.lmctruck.com/ (there are others like Cheyenne truck parts, just check around)

As to head bolts, to find the correct ones, you are either going to have to check with GM, but more than likely, they won't match what you have exactly. I'd suggest ebay for NOS stuff.

Corvette places are another to check with. GM used a lot of parts across the board, and Corvette guys will be the ones to check with on stuff that is either brand new or NOS, which most people just buy aftermarket.

I totally understand where you are coming from wanting to keep it "original", and it's great.

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

San Juans to aussie land...big jump...i'm in grand junction...where were you? Ouray...etc.

Classic industries has a rather large catalog full of good stuff...and i think you can download the entire catalog in PDF format to review.

DW

4. lukebaby1

lukebaby1 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifwww.chevyduty.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif