Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Head Gasket

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ARTIC, Dec 18, 2004.

1. ARTIC

ARTIC Registered Member

thanks for the help boys,yea i guess i just need to here it from from someone else that knows there stuff,shes gone!not much help out here in the sticks where i live,every one i talked to arround here are idiots,first time i pulled the rad cap and saw bubbles,you dont want to beleave it the head.i guess ill have to park it and drive my 90 4x4 SLE SURB-32"-warh hubs-HRfactory rims gas pot,its a real nice truck,i am the secon owner,68,00 org miles.its bin parked up till know,its my sunday truck clean.ho yea thats the beauty of owning 2 trucks that look real close,same color,the plates look the same on both of them! the head gaskets are hard to get out
    here,$75+taxxx2death=$100x2=$200@ the local auto parts store,or down the road at local salvage yard theres a 1988 6.2 nontubo
    the guys swears by,of course for $600 no%#! tax,rebuilt yester day-AH,what to do??

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

$200 for the head gaskets? i can get a complete felpro gasket set 2 blocks away from me for $36 US

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah thats insane!!!

4. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

yeah...can you say price gouge? A complete top end gasket kit will cost ya about $85 here in southern california....

Is it blowing white smoke out of the exhaust?? ....it it overheating??I don't understand the question i guess....bubbles in the radiator? I never knew that was a symptom of a blown head gasket....it is possible to just have air in there from improper maintenance, which could be another option vs. tearing it down and replaceing the gaskets....