Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Head light time

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Sep 3, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

anyone have any recommendations on head lights. burned mine out when i most needed it, narrow, dark, winny baja roads... kinda funny they both went out like a day from each other.

ARQ.

2. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Get some that will take a bulb. Like the aftermarket ones sold for motorcycles. It's easier to carry spare bulbs than spare sealed beams.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hella H4's...the illegal ones with the big yellow sticker that says FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY NOT DOT APPROVED and upgrade the bulbs from the 55/60's to the 90/100. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    BEST lights I have ever owned. They will not blind oncoming drives if aimed correctly. I have a set I have owned since 85. They have been in 5 different vehicles. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The highbeams will dim Grampas auto dim headlights in his caddy from a mile. You only have to flash once to get others to dim. They don't want that second retna scorch. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

When one of my original "Power Beams" burned, I just replaced both with a pair of cheap Halogen Wagners, the one you find cheap at Wal-Mart.

BIG improvement.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

hey man, Grim has the idea...
    i used to have mine setup similar... but it was cheap walmart lights. 3 sets of them up fron. plus my origonal lights. worked great
    you still comming over this comming weekend?
    i got today and thurday off going to PHX tomorrow though. still got that D60 off the ford?

grant