Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Head Lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pplblazerdude, Aug 12, 2003.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I was reading a post the other day about bosch h4 head lights and how they said they make a huge diffrence. WEll anyways the headlights on my blaze suck donkey balz and id like something brighter. Is the bosch h4 kit better and is it cost effect. And also where can i get my hands on one. And if someone has this can u explain to me what u have to do to use the kit plus a price would be nice to.

Thanks

Clint /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

You can run a relay so you pull the power off the battery instead of going through the headlight switch. Antiquated wire and switch can cause a voltage drop by the time it gets back to the headlights. In the case of a resistor like a lightbulb the more voltage the more current the more power (watts) the more light (lumens).

The other thing to do is replace the headlights with new ones. On my old quad headlight system (from 1984) I replaced all the original headlights made by Guide (GM's lightning division at the time) and noticed a world of difference. I replaced them with Philips' headlights and it cost me around $35 for all of them. The pattern is a lot better and the light was more white.

Someday, when I'm feeling rich, I'll replace all four headlights on my truck now. All of them say Guide on them too. One highbeam is even cracked and has water in it with a discolored reflector. I'd have replaced mine by now but the pattern is great with these headlights so it hasn't been on the top of the list.

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

THat could very well be the best upgrade you can ever make to your ride. I had them on my old Bronco and it was the best money i ever spent on it. Installing them is the same as replacing your headlights. Both Hella and Ciebie(sp?) make them as well. The beam pattern is much beter, as well as the opportunity to upgrade to higher wattages. I am just realy pissed that i can't get them for my '91 Jimmy. check out

http://lighting.mbz.org/home.html

for some additional information and products.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You will have a hell of a time finding Bosch in the US. My bet is it was our Canadian faction you heard that from. Now Hella on the other hand you can find no problem. I run Hella (well I did but they don't fit my new burb) and they are awsome!

Here is a tip. There are two version. One has a bright yellow sticker that says NOT DOT APPROVED FOR STREET USE. OFFROAD USE ONLY. those are the european versions.... Awsome. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif