Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Head liner

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NcRedneckJimmy, Jun 11, 2006.

1. NcRedneckJimmy

NcRedneckJimmy Registered Member

It's about time to change my headliner, I am wondering if I should do it myself or just pay someone? Has anyone done it themselves, if so was it difficult? I am most worried about getting some wrinkles in it.

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

my buddy had an extended cab pickup one redone for like 90 bucks, and installed it himself.

In my 83 K10 I just pulled it out and put the trim all back on. I think it looks good an nice painted cab ceiling. just a thought.

3. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Go to a fabric shop and you can buy headliner material. They dont have the vinyl stuff but they have the stuff that goes into newer vehicles. Just be sure you clean up that cardboard good and use some spray adhesive to put it back on. Cost me like 25 bucks.

4. mg87

mg87 Newbie

Headliner replacement

I did mine this weekend. I took all the trim and sun visors off and repainted them. I bought some headliner fabric at the fabric store and some spray glue at Auto Zone. I cleaned the headliner cardboard good after stripping the old fabric off. If I had not painted the trim pieces, I could have done the whole job in two hours. It is not hard at all.

5. NcRedneckJimmy

NcRedneckJimmy Registered Member

Yeah, I didn't think that it would be to hard to do. What type of glue do I need to use 3M? I was thinking about using a flag and just glueing it up there, they only problem would be if it will stretch enough to use without getting any wrinkles.