Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Head unit wont come on

Discussion in 'Audio' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jan 2, 2004.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I have a JVC KD-SX780(cd player) Ive had it for little over a year... I lost the face plate for about 6months and recently found it used the CD player for like 2 weeks then I decided to plug in my antenna when i pulled the CD player out I actentally jerked it a little bit and 1 of the speaker connections came uncriped... I fixed it and the CD player has power and a good ground but it STILL wont turn on it will let the CD come out and go back in and will beap when you play with it and if u hit display it will show the time but it wont come on to play music any idea's confedneck said you probably need a safty code but I never used 1 before even when i installed it or taken it out before, oh yea and yes the fuse is good /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It should have a reset button somewhere. It'll be real small, about the size of the head of a ball point pen. Try that and see if it fix.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

so power in, ground, good fuse, all the connections are solid, and it will light up "display" with the time..will eject and take in the cd..but wont power up..my vote is for the faceplate is either screwed up, or the head unit itself has an internal problem..

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

the reset dosent button dident do anything either /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif