Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Header Fit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MOABDADC22, Aug 15, 2001.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Will 2wd 73-87 GM Truck headers fit on a 1990 5.7 TBI Blazer 4wd?

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I tried to put a set of summit headers off a 86, on my 89 TBI K5. They bolted up to the engine no problem but They didn't fit very well, One of the tubes hit on the frame. I think after 87 GM narrowed the frame in the engine compartment a little bit so headders from eariler years dont fit in the engine compartment too well.
    But with a welder and a cutting torch you can make anything fit.

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

So it can be done? Is it something that can be clearanced with a ball peen hammer or should I pass it up? I can get a smoking deal on a set of coated headers for 73-87 2wd.

Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.
    P.S. Ask me why it is called "BODY SNATCHER"

4. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

When I got my 4wd, it had a set of 4-1 headers I assume were meant for a 2wd. The balance weight on the front shaft would hit the tube every time it rotated, "wham-wham-wham-wham!". It made a nice little exhaust leak.

That was with no lift, though. A 4" lift would have cleared them, but I just got a new set of Afterburners. Those are not supposed to fit a manual trans, but they fit great.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by RedDwarf on 08/15/01 08:56 PM.</FONT></P>