Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

HEADER HELP!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sandracer799, Feb 24, 2004.

1. sandracer799

sandracer799 1/2 ton status

I have a 1987 k5 blazer and i want to get a set of the Edelbrock shorty headers without A.I.R. but i can not find a part number or anything. Or has anyone used a set of short style headers from anyone where it just replaces the exhaust manifolds i just need /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif PLEASE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

call summit racing tech line (not parts order line) and they can give you the part number for what you are looking for - you can go to their web page for the phone numbers. edelbrock's web page will also list the part numbers - edelbrock technician by phone = 1-800-416-8628 from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday, PST.

i know it was not your question, but you are not going to get the same low end torque with the shortys or their TES set ups as you would with a long tube header.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Edelbrock does not sell JUST the shorty headers for 87 and up TBI trucks. You have to buy the whole TES system.

4. tungsten

tungsten 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Edelbrock does not sell JUST the shorty headers for 87 and up TBI trucks. You have to buy the whole TES system.

[/ QUOTE ]

For that matter, the only TES kits I have seem for these trucks all have the AIR plumbing. I don't think that Edelbrock makes a non-AIR TES kit for the Blazer.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Edelbrock makes the Non AIR TES. I have one. PN# 6857
    The only other company that makes shorty headers for TBI trucks is JBA. Last I checked a set was over 600 bones /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Doug Thorley makes a TRY Y system for TBIs I think they are over $400

Thats about all I have ever seen made that will fit 87-91 Blazers

6. sandracer799

When i go to the summit website and put in the part #6857 it saids it is the one with AIR. Maybe i am doing something wrong. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Heres the app chart from Edelbrock.
    edelbrock application chart
    K-5 Blazer full-size 87-91 5.7L T.B.I. w/o A.I.R. - - PN #6857 -

You aint doing nothing wrong. Summit must have their numbers screwed up again. There is only 1 number diferent between the AIR and Non AIR.... 6857= Non AIR. 6858 =AIR.
    Prolly a mistake in data input.

8. sandracer799

Thanks for all the help /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif