Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Header Hush - two thumbs up !

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BurbinOR, Jul 25, 2002.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Have been fighting a small collector gasket leak on my Hedman Hedders for quite some time - tried copper gaskets, the dead soft aluminum ones (best I've used), but still had small leak. Bought a set of Header Hush clamps for $31.95 locally, and leak is GONE. Definitely a nice setup. You still use a gasket (I stayed with the dead soft aluminum ones), the Header Hush simply clamps the flanges together completely flat. Good product. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I have the same problem, and changing gaskets is getting to be a real pain. Who makes the clamps? This sounds like the solution to my problem. Thanks.

BIGJ

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Call a local NAPA or Baxters (that's where I found them) or any speed shop, ask for them by name. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Who has them and how much?

I use donut gaskets for a regular exhaust manifold to pipe connection in mine and it seems to work really well also.

5. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Napa Guy "Uh.. What are those for?"

Any other places you have heard of that sell these. Maybe an online store since I need to order the aluminum gaskets anyways. Thanks for letting us know about these.

James