Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Header install ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Dec 25, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Ok, i got the first 11 bolts just fine. . . the LAST one. . . nearest the firewall on the drivers side is tight as hell and not getting looser with each turn, but that's not my main question.

How did ya'll wiggle your manifolds out? i can't get my 4' pipes off the manifolds, because the flange studs are bent inwards. can i still pull them out? the heat shield won't come off around the plugs and it's in the way.

didn't get the A/C bracket so i'm just loosing the compressor- luckily never had working A/C anyway /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

All I know is I had to pull my spark plugs to do mine. (probly a good thing, i would have ended up breaking one anyhow) Might as well just bend the studs out sence you wont be reusing them. Or just get under there and start jerkin it and see what happens. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. camarine

camarine Registered Member

Been over a yaer so bear with me, I believe the spark plug shiels are attached to motor. I pulled the plugs and started jerking away, I had smog sh*% on mine so had to cut the tubes out of the heads. Took out alot of aggression on the manifolds when pulling out. Tilt back towards the wheel wells and pull away. Good luck

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Sorry to high jack but how does your truck sound with the headers and flowmasters? Is it toolerable in traffic and wile crusing on the highway?(just got new 40 series for christmas to replace stupid cherrybombs)

5. camarine

camarine Registered Member

When you get on it, it is loud as sh*%. On the highway it isn't that bad. I don't have any carpeting so it is alot louder inside than it should be. People can surely hear you coming and watch them stare as you pass.

6. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Do you have to raise your voice just to talk to that person sitting nest to you??(hijack done)

7. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have 40s on a pickup and I can't even hear 'em with 2 1/4" pipe. In all the videos of my truck from badlands I guess it's pretty loud.