Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

header question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bhintz, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

this is kinda dumb question but Im about to buy some headers more than likely hooker comps. but at summit w/ a.i.r. injection the price is $320 painted black and w/out a.i.r. is $150 painted black, my question is, is the a.i.r injection a little metal tube that goes into the header and if its do I need it b/c I dont want to pay the extra 170 for it if I can ditch it.

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I don't come from an emissions state, so I don't know for sure, but I think that the A.I.R is an emission system and if your originally equipped with it and don't have it you might not pass emissions in your state. (That is if Georgia does all that emissions BS)

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I think that little metal tube is the oxygen sensor if I'm visualizing it correctly. Does it have a wire attached to it?

4. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that little metal tube is the oxygen sensor if I'm visualizing it correctly. Does it have a wire attached to it?

[/ QUOTE ]
    its not the oxygen sensor I know what that is, its a metal tube about 1/2 in diameter that runs in the header right were the exhaust runs out of the head, thens goes straight back and around the engine

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

a good muffler shop should be able to add those on for you, call around and see what they would charge for it.
    Good luck...I bought a set of Doug Thorleys used for $100.00 with the air and ox senser on them..

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yep those tubes are the AIR injection. You will need them to pass inspection if your county has emissions inspections(visual or dyno)...

7. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

will it run fine w/ out it besides not pass emissions

8. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    will it run fine w/ out it besides not pass emissions

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it'll run better. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When I moved out of CA I ripped all that crap off and it was like a whole new truck!

9. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Im jealous mastiff... I just spent hours and hours hooking it all up just to do a five minute test.... only three more times then Ill never have to put it on again.. Ill be a classic!!!