Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Header Tape

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eagle, Aug 15, 2000.

1. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

Has anyone ever used this? Does it really work or does it just peel off after a few months? Does anyone have any alternatives?

There is a VERY fine line between hobby and mental illness

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Eagle,
    I got the exhaust wrap on my headers. Paid a pretty penny for them. I think it was like $35 a roll and you needed 2 rolls. Well, they don't peel off in a few months. Mine been on for almost a year now and still hangin tough. You also need the fastners they have, sold seperate $11 I think. You would also need to buy two hi heat paint, like $7 each. They work ok. They keep the compartment a bit cooler. The reason I got them is to keep the compartment cooler and to protect my starter/solenoid from getting too hot. Well, my starter/solonoid does get really hot on many frequent short trips, that one time it didn't let me start and I had to sit there for like 5 minutes and then it started again. So I would recommend getting a remote solonoid anyways. Sorry, I just realized I rambled off subject. Well, they're not worth the money I don't think. Spend the extra money on getting your headers coated with ceramix.
    Boss

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I would do my homework first....alot of companies will void warrenties if header tape is applied.

L8r,

.Riz.

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

This will void headmans warrenty, not sure about others. But would check first, if it matters to you.