Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers and a SM465

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sled_dog, Feb 3, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Puting another new engine in my K5 and would like to throw some headers on. I have a set of generic Dynomax SBC ones but I found out when I did the last engine swap that they don't see to fit. I didn't really try but by the looks of it puting them next to the engine it looks like they will hit the clutch Z bar assembly. Anyone know headers that will definetally clear the whole clutch assembly and that don't cost over say $150?

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I used the flowtech ones that advanced sells and they fit I just had to bend the exaust a little but I was going from manifolds to headers. Been on there for 5 years now a little rusty but still good also I used the stock tin foil like gaskets like you get in a rebuild kit and they have never leaked or blew out.

3. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

I have dynomax headers on my 82. They bolted right in without any clearance problems.

4. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

like I said I didn't try and fit them I just looked when the engine was out how they went past the oil filter and all and it looked like they would hit the Z bar or at least be closer than I liked. I am not sure what the Dynomax i have are for. Probably for a car so they might be different. I'll get some dynomax painted truck headers and be done with it I think. Thanks for the help.

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am running Headmans and they clear the clutch just fine.

7. sandy78

sandy78 Registered Member

I am running Hooker's Competition header for 4 x 4 w/manual. Clears clutch fine, just had to move return spring so it wouldn't rub one of the primary tubes. Headers fit very well, pass. side "shorter" to clear front driveshaft, heavy flanges, and don't hang down under the truck. I got mine from Summit.