Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers and Y-Pipe??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NateInChandler, Sep 3, 2006.

1. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Does anyone in here have long tube headers and a Ypipe single 3 inch exhaust on their rig?? Another member and i have planned on going single with a y pipe and wanna know if its even possible in a stock type rig (t-case, tranny and motor all in stock locations).. Any info will help. Thanks.. Nate:D

2. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

Here's a few pics of how I did mine. It's all tucked in pretty tight. Really close to the T/C but no issues with heat at all. Headers are Hooker super comp, Y is flowmaster and muffler flowmaster 70. Not any room for a cat though.

050115 Exhaust Jimmy 4.JPG

050115 Exhaust Jimmy 9.JPG

050115 Exhaust Jimmy 10.JPG

050115 Exhaust Jimmy 18.JPG

3. loafer

loafer 1/2 ton status

Do you have a part # for that Y-pipe. I really like that setup.

4. dcubb

dcubb 1/2 ton status

The Y collector is flo-y250300 from Summit. Around $40. Rest of the y pipe is from mandrel bends, stuff from the muffler shop, and homemade flanges.

5. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

Man that looks really good.. Im gonna print those pictures if ya dont mind and have the exhaust shop do mine just like yours.. do you have any video clips of anything??? Thanks man.. nate:D :D

6. garydan

garydan 1/2 ton status

Bringing an old thread back from the dead. But I really like this setup. My truck had dual exhaust since I purchased it. It had two different diameter pipes coming off the headers with worn out glasspacks and gorilla welds everywhere. So I need a nice new setup and I like the idea of one muffler. I'm not sure what a stock y-pipe setup looks like and where its run. Does anyone see any downfalls to this setup before I go ahead to the muffler shop and get it bent up for me?