Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

headers for 454?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Toledo, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

What exaclty is THE header for a fairly stock 454? What if it was bored 30 over? Any opinions are welcome. Money is not that much of a issue but I am lookin for the best bang for the buck if a cheaper header will do the same thing.

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Thorley Tri-Ys are THE headers. They make a specific application for a 4wd Blazer with a 454 engine swapped in. They come in chrome, but you can send it to jet-hot coatings and have it re-coated with a permanent ceramic coating. Check out <a target="_blank" href=http://www.thorleyheaders.com>www.thorleyheaders.com</a>

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

3. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i had headers on my 454 in my k5, i got them from jet hot. just call them,tell them your aplication. they use hooker or dyno max. very good quality headers.

BIG BLOCK MAN
    "MORE POWER"!!

4. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Stock = Thorleys; Modified = Hooker SuperComps. The Hookers have larger primary tubes that will work better with modifications. The Thorleys have the excellent Tri-Y design with smaller primary tubes that will give nice low-end torque for a stock engine.

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I got ahold of Hedman Hedders and # 69110 is the set that has no smog provisions. and is for a K5 application.