Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers for A.I.R. Injection

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Jul 18, 2001.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

I'm putting in a GM crate motor the weekend after next and i'm wanting to put on headers. One limiting factor is that i have AIR injection and you can't get rid of it because it will screw up the computer. I also want them with a heat coating on them. The headers i am looking at are Hooker competion with their ceramic coating on them. Does anyone know if this coating is good? The guy at jegs said it was like Jet Hot. Anyone have these headers??? They work good for you??? Jegs wants $320.99 for them. Think it's worth it for the power i'll gain? I figure now's the time to do it since the engine will be out. Sorry guys it's an 88' Thanks - Doug Krebs

Doug Krebs<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by KrebsATM02 on 07/18/01 08:02 PM.</FONT></P>

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Without knowing what year your Blazer is, you can get some good headers already set up for A.I.R. injectors from Edelbrock. They have a pretty good selection to choose from.

Anybody planning on checking out my homepage, forget it, I am still working on it!!!

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I have some Hookers on my Elco. They are the Super Comps and I got them with the coating. I dont know if it helped with power, cause I put them on at the same time I put my motor, gears all that good stuff in, but those things cool off QUICK and they dont rust and stay looking real nice for a long ass time.

4. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Computer would not know if A.I.R. is disconected. My dad has hooker super comps with coating on his 454 corvette. They have been on for 3 years and still look great.

5. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Thanks for your help guys. - Doug

Doug Krebs

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Doug, DMK is right, computer has no clue.

However, it's admirable if you want to keep it connected. You aren't losing hardly any HP running it, and it DOES help your truck run cleaner. I beleive the Edelbrock TES headers have the AIR bungs, but not sure if they make them for trucks or not.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Edelbrock does make the TES for trucks/blazers..... They run from about $325 and up painted black. They come with a Y-pipe to use. If you want them coated you should call up Edelbrock and ask them about the extra little number code you have to add on to get that.....I just got the black painted ones and bought 2 more cans of heat paint and sprayed them over really well.... Heddman also has TES headers that run about $400 and up. They have the Y-pipe too... I think these are coated with ceramic as well...? You have more options for headers being an 88 that is for sure. I racked my head for weeks getting ticked everything fit 88 and up. You should also check with Doug Thorley they have some nice ones. Pace Setter has a set in the JCWhitney catalog they replace the manifolds and bolt right in... if you order and get one of the discounts they are offering, you can get them for little over $200.... I bought a set at a swap meet for like $50 bucks.... they looked very nice. Too bad I sold them already or I would offer them to you.... good luck! Let me know if you need me to look up anything part # wise or cost wise... I have a PAW catalog and sometimes they have them for less...sometimes not... shop around that is for sure.... [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.