Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers for my 76' which ones? I want to buy now.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dasanii19, Jan 1, 2007.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

I want to buy headers from summit today. They are to be put on my 1976 k5 4x4 350sbc, my heads are stock so the spark plugs stick straight out, I have A/c. I have a 4" suspention lift. I have no cataletic converter and was told I can use any header and still be able to pass smog here in Nevada.

I just want the best fitting, beefy horse power headers I can get (more bang for the buck. Looks dont really take apart in my decision.

Can you guys make this easy on me? :D From the info I gave, can you reccomend a pair of headers for me? I really want to get these on today

2. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

You can get long haders or short headers, I have both adn will use the long ones. These are Doug Thorley cermaic coated headers they run 4 into 2 into 1. The only issue I have is that the passenger side rear spring mount bolt rubs on th3 header and left a little dent....otherwise, I like the Doug Thorley's

Picture 027.jpg

3. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

Hmm, well I have to take the shackels off anyways to replace the bushings. Are there other shackle options to get so long tube headers wont hit it?

Im starting to think shorties are more practical, but am I going to miss the power? are they worth it?

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I have both and will use the long ones, they don't hit that bad, just kind of rub...from what I ahve gathered...long tube headers are better for trucks as they tend to work ont eh torque curve, which is what we want anyway...Go long tube...

5. PerdidoK5

PerdidoK5 1/2 ton status

I have a '79 K5 with a '76 350. Im running the Summitt headers ($89.00). I've had 'em on for 8 months with no trouble. I really want some Flowmasters though, the Summitt turbo muflers are quite tame.

6. 96texasz

96texasz Registered Member

don't know if there is one near you but o'reillys sells long tube flowtechs for like $150