Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers for my Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ledzoso, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Ledzoso

Ledzoso Registered Member

Hello evryone,
    New to this forum!!! Great site.
    I have some questions about headers for My Jimmy. I found some Hooker headers for 73-91 blazers/jimmys/trucks. I researched the headers and found them to be right part number. I have a question about them though. The headers have some sort of ???air intake??? ports on each of the tubes. The are threaded ports located by the flanges. My stock manifolds have one port on each side. What do you do with the extra ports? can you block them if you dont use them? The part number for the headers is 02453. Thanks for your help...

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

nope they are just like any other kind of header. they only have5 holes in them (assuming its for a v8) 4 where they bolt on up front and 1 3in collecter tube where the exhaust goes out. you even have to have holes drilled and tapped to put an o2 sensor on.

3. Ledzoso

Ledzoso Registered Member

What about the threaded ports on top of each of the tubes? Is this EGR stuff?Each exhaust tube has these fittings? The manifold has one egr port???

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Those headers are for trucks with an AIR system.(Smog pump). if your truck does not have a smog pump get a set of Non AIR headers They should be cheaper. Or you can just put threaded plugs in the holes