Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers for TBI?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jul 5, 2003.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I want headers for my 350TBI. Other than the O2 sensor, is there any thing else that I need to worry about? I know there are metal lines going into the top portion of the manifolds, is that going to pose a problem if it's not hooked back up? Heck, I don't even know what that stuff is. I have true dual with 40 series Flowmasters and I just want to add headers. I don't need a set of $300 jet coated heat resistant blah blah blah..........get my drift? Headers, that's it, and whatever I need to make the TBI still work properly. Thanks guys.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well that pipe going into your mnaifold is part of your emission stuff. You'll need to keep that if your truck is inspected. BTW with headers you definately get what you pay for. Doug Thorleys are in my opinion the best, but they cost a bit more than others. You can get Thorleys with smog and o2 hookups.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

i plan on getting the dyno-max headers from jeg's. some other guys with TBI on here run them and are pretty happy with them. i'm hoping to get mine next month sometime. jeg's also has a custom bent dual exhaust kit to go with the headers for about $112.

rick

4. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Just need the O2 sensor. You can buy the bung and have it welded on to any headers. Don't worry about the emissions in KS.

5. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Which headers have the O2 bung already in them? I'm looking for some for my 1990 TBI 350. Been looking at flowtech afterburners but I've been told there is no O2 hookup.

Will the same headers fit if I switch to Vortec heads later? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

6. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i run dyno max headers on my 88 k5 w/tbi. i am happy w/ them they ain't thorley's by any means, but bang for buck they are hard to beat. just do like every one else caid & buy a bung & weld it in.

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Alex, just get some regular headers and find a bung to have someone weld on the large collector tube. Thats it.

Those pipes running up and over the engine are the A.I.R. injector stuff. Emissions for short. Kansas does not require emissions, so don't worry about those pipes. Take them off and throw them away or sell them to someone here who may need them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I know that Thorley's can come with the O2 bung already in place, and I think Hookers can too.

Spend some time on their web site, I'm sure they will list it. If not, check out places like summitracing.com and jegs.com, usually you can get an idea of what exactly they will fit there.

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh the thorley AIR injection stuff is like a $25 option, but if you are buyin coated headers, spend the cash and get it w/ the bung in it, otherwise screwed coating.