Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

headers-glasspacks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, Mar 12, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

has anybody ever ran headers with glass packs directly hooked onto the reducers of the header on a 350 motor? i plan to do it and i was curious how good it sounds /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

On my built 73 Camaro with the 383 stroker I had Hooker Headers with a set of "Purple Horneys" glass pack header mufflers (Bolted dirrectly to the collectors) Very loud, tickets, tickets, and more tickets even though fully leagle in the state I lived in at the time.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I had a set of Thuush "Purple Horneys" on a 327 in an El camino.
    They were loud ! Very loud! Couldn't even hear my 8 track /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i have a cherry bomb and header on my 115 and its so loud after a long trip (2hours at 65) my ears were ringing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Not exactly a 350 but you know...

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG 1/2 ton status

think loud verry verry loud

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i had that set up on my truck for about 6 months before i broke it good (the truck, not the exhaust). all i had was headers and cherry bombs. it wasn't too loud, never got a ticket. it was kinda had to talk to the other person in the truck. i did notice that when my mom borrowed it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif that i heard her comming from about a half mile away. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It sounded preaty good. but it was no flowmaster