Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers here today. Where do you guys run your exhaust?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1976Blazer76, Nov 29, 2006.

1. 1976Blazer76

1976Blazer76 1/2 ton status

Getting my headers today and possibly my dual exhaust here in a couple of weeks. Was wondering where you guys like to run your exhaust out at. Dump it before the back axle? Behind the rear tire? Or straight out the back. I'm going to be running dual 3 1/2 inch pipe, just want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Matt

2. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

mine dumps down right under the front two seat. Makes for a very load ride. I am changing mine to exit out past the read tires.

3. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

out past the rear tires. 3.5 inch pipe!! OMG thats overkill lol its nice out the rear tires because i dont get too much exhaust in the back window when its down and with the top on its pretty quiet and with it off its awesome! i have headers to 3 inch to 40's with 4 inch resonator tips. it really sounds nice out the back tires.

4. 1976Blazer76

Well I got a nicely built big block, so got the headers with the 3 1/2" collectors.

5. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

ooooh niiiice.

6. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

3.5" might still be overkill. I've got a monsterously built BB and 3" pipe is ideal for it. i'd run a reducer from your collectors down to 3" and run that out to the rear. Make sure you throw an X pipe in there too.

7. 1976Blazer76

I just liked the fact with the 2" primaries....and I couldn't find it with 2" primaries with a 3" collector. I'm going to run an X pipe for sure. Too big of pipe gonna mean not enough back pressure?

Matt

8. SkysTheLimit

SkysTheLimit 1/2 ton status

I'm not versed well enough in exhaust theory, i just know what is good for my motor and yours probably similar. I do know too much flow can actually be bad but i don't know the dynamics of it all.

9. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

2 of my trucks are straight out the back. the blazer is true duals. the sierra is a single muffler with dual exit.

The woods truck has just enough pipe to get the mufflers behind the t-case, then dumps over the axle.

3.5" pipe is overkill for duals. Who ever built the motor should have a good handle on what size exhaust to run. Unless you built it.