Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers or OEM manifold which one ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by opfor2, Oct 5, 2005.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Yesterday while I was pulling my AC evaporator coil out of my 90 K-5 I noticed that my left passenger OEM exhaust manifold was cracked. What should I do? Should I just get an OEM replacement of should I get a set of shorty headers? I already have a hi-flow cat and a Flowmaster cat back exhaust installed. All suggestions will be helpful.

Dan..

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If going with headers, go long tube or go manifold.

My opinion anyway. If you are going to be dealing with the potential hassles of headers (buy ones that people have experience with here) you might as well be getting as much out of them as you can, and for most of us, the low end efficiency of the long tubes is where it's at.

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This issue has been hashed out a lot of times on this web site :rolleyes:.

4. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

My cousin cracked a manifold on his early 90's Chevy Z71. I think it was a 91. Anyway for cheaper than replacing the manifolds he got some shorty headers out of summit that were smog legal and connected right to his stock exhaust. Search "Summit Truck Headers" His have lasted 2 years so far with no problems.