Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers to Manifolds

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 79k5383, Jun 1, 2004.

1. 79k5383

79k5383 Registered Member

Can I use Percey's aluminum gaskets that were for my headers on Manifolds or do i need to buy regular manifold gaskets? I know it may be a stupid question but i am trying to save a few bux here, my wallet is getting reallllll kinny. Thanks guy's

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Call and check with Summit Racing. 1-800-230-3030

3. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

I think you are guna need to replace and get manafold gaskets, because there is alot more surface on the manafold then on the headers. Plus most of the time your holes are are in a diffrent shape. My flowtech headers were round while my manafolds were more square shaped. You might be able to get away with the header gaskets, but they can lead to leaking which can cause a loss of power too.

4. lrmccain

lrmccain Registered Member

Tell you what I do... (and this is coming from a lot of racing experience.. just use RTV or hi Temp silicone and put it together, torque it to specs and go away for at least 24 hours, you'll never have to re-torque like with most gaskets, and it's much faster easier and more reliable
    /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif