Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by COCHEV, May 11, 2004.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i want to get my exhaust done on my 95 and would like a good set of headers and decent y pipe. anyone have any comments on who makes a good setup that fits well and performs? i also plan on a high flow cat and doing the rest of the exhaust on out too.

2. tweaker

tweaker 1/2 ton status

tried and true, the edlebrock stainless steel headers from summit racing 1(800)230-3030 will work plus the figh flow 3" catco catilytic converter and lastly before they go completely out of stock the flowmaster 40 series original. this combo is great. it gives the classic chevy header flow sound and really opens up the top end performance. this is of corse in combo with a throttle body spacer and K&N filter system and of corse a power chip to round it all off. oh and don't forget the cheapest and greatest investment the 160degree thermostat which will trick your computer into thinking it needs more gas. and synthetic oil mobile one 10/30, chevy recomended. and the list goes on with out ever needing to change the internals. the next step would be the adjustable tbi regulator and higher flowing inserts.

hope this helps

summary
    summit racing list
    1. Edlebrock stainless headers with y-pipe
    2. high flow 3" CatCo catalytic converter
    3. 40 series Flowmaster original w/ 3" in and dual 2 1/2 out
    4. low temp thermostat 160degree

buy all these at one time and the price they offer is the price. shipping is just an $8 handling fee to all of the items instead of each one if you bought them seperately.

5. tbi spacer
    probably get it cheapest on E-bay look for the air-raid it has a cork-screw design which flows a bit better than the rest

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Cool! thanks for the reply. after the exhaust i am going to do a top end with these heads and probably this cam.

not sure what i am going to do for my throttle body mods yet. do you have a link to the K&N system you used? also did you notice a reasonable gain with the chip? i've heard mixed reviews for the money they cost. also i like the 160 t stat idea but i like a hot heater in the winter. usually run a 185 for all around. thanks again,

jason

4. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I got most that stuff on my 89 but i have to replace the rear diff seal and have been lazy and been driving my 84 streetbeast but now it needs brakes so im going to fix my 4x4 lol Yes i noticed a diff. with Spacer/ K&N / chip and exhaust. but what really improved mine was the TH350 Swap w/ 2500 stall. Elec. fans work really good also but you dont have as much airflow going around the tranny so a cooler is needed. I miss driving my 4x4 im going to fix her tomarrow.