Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevyCaGal, Mar 7, 2001.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Ok I have a question about some headers. They are Pace Setter ones. They fit 88-95 Blazers. I have an 86....any reason these won't fit me? Reason being this lady I work with, her husband bought a lot of parts at some police auction. There was a brand set of these in there still in the box, never opened. He owns a J**p and doesn't need them. He says they'll fit my Blazer (I thought the way the flanges bolted on was different?). They have a hole in them for the C02...I think that is what it is? He says I can cap that off and they'll work? Is he full of it or would they work? They are pretty nice looking and are ceramic/metallic coated. I found the same ones in the JCWhitney.com catalog. They are $280 bucks in there. Part number 81A56738A. I want headers and can't afford the JBA or the Edelbrock ones...these are free, exactly my price range....tell me what you guys think? Thanks!

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Maybe you could go see them, check the measurements to be sure. But if they're free, you can always sell them if they don't fit.

[​IMG]

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Top.....

"I love the sound rice burners make when ya run over them"

4. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

88-95? Thats i wide range of years, considering that is at least two different body/suspension/drivetrain varieties.I have a feeling they meant 88-95( new body) Chevy GMC trucks.Check the head ports.Im not sure but i think the head ports are different for the carb and FI sbc. Do some checking around, but i think those are for 88+ IFS trucks. Maybe someone here has more info to offer.Later...

One From None

5. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    These are setup for EFI... I'm not sure what style these are but I'm pretty sure they are the short type. I dont see why they wont fit. The only differance I know of is the cat diameter is a different size (smaller i think) on the later trucks. You at most would have to update to a 87-91 y pipe. Any decent muffler shop should be able to make you some pipe for pretty cheap. You would have to plug the O2 sensor hole(an old sensor works great and they are free)
    If you compare the edelbrock catalog they have simmilar year span (new and old body same headers)
    Luke
    84 K5
    [​IMG]