Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

headers

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Apr 20, 2001.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Ok question #2 headers
    who makes headers that fit the first gen4wd blazers? also will they bolt up to the newer ( '89 ) engines. Not vortec.

Dreamin 1st Gen Blazers
    Like em big and topless

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

It really depends on if yer talkin Automatic or Manual??
    I have a manual and am using Headmens. Thorly make um too.

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

3. JST12

JST12 1/2 ton status

It also depends on whether your 89+ engine has angle plug heads or straight. Hooker (and others) have 'em for straight plug heads. Thorley's will fit with angle plugs, but the right side is too close to the shackle. I'm having a shop modify my Thorley collector a bit for more clearance.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by JST12 on 04/20/01 11:16 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

A friend has a set of Thorleys for sale. They're in good shape... Let me know if you want to talk to him about them.

Hooker has a new model (as of about 9 months ago) that fits a 4-speed Blazer. I have what I think are Cyclones on mine (they were on the Blazer when I got it, and are pitted so I can't find any ID marks).

5. wfahlgren

wfahlgren 1/2 ton status

hey steve, will those headers of your friends fit a 72 350, with a auto. If so I might be interested

6. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

No problem fitting those headers on an automatic truck. The problem fit is with the manual tranny because of the clutch linkage. Any header that will fit a 4-speed 4x4 will fit an automatic 4x4.