Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, May 27, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Just got back from vacation yesterday, and back to work on the K5. Got her all back together, and now with headers. Have to do rest of exhaust tomorrow and then go for a run. I ran her round block, just to see how all is going, and seems well, but a few notes. Passenger side header is real close to spring shackle, so close, that I think during droop she is going to rub. Has anyone else had this problem, and how to fix or adjust. I could have header bent, but not easy. Next is about a crossover between dual exhaust. Can't really see how to have a crossover pipe until after transfer. THe lift makes the front driveshaft make a crossover not likely unless want it hanging way low in front of cross member under front CV joint. I have always heard the benefits of running a crossover, wonder wheater it is worth trouble and what kind of performance loss will I have. Thanks for any info.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

A crossover behind the transfer case would give you an improvised driveshaft hoop--nice little safety bonus!

<font color=red>Click those banners and help support CK5!!<font color=black>
    [​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jarheadsk5.coloradok5.com>http://www.jarheadsk5.coloradok5.com</A>

3. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i have heard that cross overs balance the pressures between the lines, resulting in a slight improvment in trq and hp. but i think it is extremely slight. maybe someone else has actually compared the before and after.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com