Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, May 31, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Still have a question on the header (passenger side) rubbing up against rear spring shacle bolt. (this is right at the collector flange to exhaust junction) I could grind down the flange a certain amount, but I don't think it will be enough without grinding into the actually tube (thus making the junction ineffective) I am assuming many others have had this problem, wonder if there is ORD's thicker and longer shackle help this, or do I need to look for new headers. The headers are JBA's for my application. Thanks for any help.

IGN, I got your message and replied, just waiting for your email to send you scanned pictures of console.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I've got heddman headers and they don't rub on anything. I don't know if that'll change when I lift it this weekend, but we'll see [​IMG]

I don't know if the longer shackels will do anything or not.

<font color=orange>hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?</font color=orange>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

3. ericsoffroad

ericsoffroad Registered Member

i have flow tech hedders and have no clernce problems

4. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have Ceramic Flowtech's with no clearance problems......getting to the spark plugs is a little easier than some other headers I've owned also...JD

I'm at 10th and Plum....10 miles from nowhere, and Plum out in the sticks....Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

5. NOT4SHW

NOT4SHW Guest

I have the same problem with my headman headers. I have 4 wheel hill 2" front shakles and they only made the problem worse. I'm going to have the local muffler shop that has done some custom work for me and my dad cut the flanges off the headers and extend the tube and put a ball and socket type joint that doesn't require a gasket. It's kinda pricey but I've ground my flange down and it didn't make enough difference to clear and only made the seal worse. Plus the flanges get bent from overtightening and they don't seal anymore anyway. The only other solution is shorty headers and since they cost more than the modifing of my existing headers, I'll take the torque of the full lenth and the cheaper way out. Good Luck! When I get mine done I'll try and post some pics or if I can get to my dad's this weekend with the digital camera I'll take some shots of his headers. They are on a s-10 prostreet with a sb 350.

'79 K5,13 1/2" lift, 39.5 TSL's,15x12 Eagles,350,t-350,warn 8274,

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I got hooker headers and no problems here!!

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]