Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlackWidow, Mar 3, 2007.

1. BlackWidow

BlackWidow Registered Member

Which headers will fit an 87' TBI? Ive heard of fitment issues with the plugs and plug wires. Any help?

2. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

I know that hooker competition headers fit with no issues.

3. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

mine was for an older K5. I had no problems on my 89. I'm going to try to find the part #.

4. edreid

edreid Registered Member

i just put on edelbrock headers and y pipe and the only thing i can say it the ti tech coating is a little misleading but the fitment was good on the headers but a little tough on the y pipe because someone welded a joint that should have been bolted. but clearence is good and they sound good but i never drove the truck without headers so i cant say much for the performance

5. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

I can't find the part #. Put they are coated dynomax ones. If I find more Info I'll post up.

6. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I have the Edelbrock ones for TBI engines with the Ti-Tech coating. I like them but changing spark plugs is a PITA, the dipstick wont line up right with the bolt holes in the head (getting a different dipstick), and some of the smog crap (air pressure check valves) are mounted in the way if you want to install wire looms that bolt up to the valve covers. They look great and bolted up pretty easy. Just be sure to get quality header gaskets. The paper ones suck.

7. Dunleavy2004

Dunleavy2004 Registered Member

I just put a set of Hedman hedders on my 87 TBI, 454. They were model number HED-69386. They work great, have only had them on a week but am very please with them. I am running some straight boot accel 300 wires and 3 of them are close to the pipes, so i zip tied them back a little to keep them from melting while i look for some single 90 degree boot wires to replace them with. Other than that, they fit good. Everything fit back where it was supposed to and the plugs are easy to reach.

8. 88-383

88-383 1/2 ton status

I put the Doug Thorley's on my 90TBI. Fit is great with no issues at all.

9. J.R.

J.R. Guest

do you have a part number for those headers? thanks!