Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Aug 31, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

My passenger header is hitting the rear shackle spring bolt pretty bad. Looks like beyond grinding, and I am pretty handy with a grinder. They are JBA headers, I am wondering if there is something wrong with them, cuz noone else seems to have this problem. Any suggestions?

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

may need new motor mounts. or a hammer. or take the bolt out and swap it round. i cant remember if it will fit that way or not.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

3. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Yea, did that on the bolt, still to much rubbing. Only some much hammering on headers. Is there a way to bend them? I hopin I am not scre$ed and have to buy new, man I'll be pissed.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Take the bolt out and put it in the other way. Or cut off the end of the bolt.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My headers did the same thing..I used a 3 foot bar and bent the header inwards from underneath. I pried against my front driveshaft.... [​IMG] I then checked the flange bolts to make sure they were still tight and it worked. It's a little 'caveman' but I couldn't see any other option at the moment.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>