Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KrebsATM02, Jun 13, 2000.

1. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

Ok, I just got done with my 6.5 lift and i'm about to go to the exhaust shop. I had to cut my pipes to remove the bolts from the shackles cause i put those ORD's on and it was an excuse to get duals. My question is should i get headers??? My buddies have bro*$'s with headers and when they go through streams there whole engine compartment steams up and there engine stalls and mine doesn't, just suspecting that the headers are hotter then my manifolds. Anyways, if ya'll would recommend headers, what should i get? I have an 88 with the A.I.R. injection stuff on it and the 02 sensor, i think someone makes these now??? Anyone with these?? Thanks - Doug Oh and i am making bumpers now too out of 4 x 6 boxed steel, any suggestions??

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I don't know...I've always liked the extra power I can get from headers, I'm getting my exhaust hooked up to a new pair of Hookers tonight as a matter of fact. They do have downfalls like gaskets going out on ya and having to tighten them frequently, over all I like to have that something extra when I'm towing my ATV's or a boat. It seems like a personal choice, some guys hate them and others love them. It's all up to you my friend.

L8r,

.Riz.