Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JW86, Aug 23, 2002.

1. JW86

JW86 Registered Member

Can anyone give me some guidance on finding/selecting some decent, but inexpensive headers that will fit:
    86K5 305 A/C Manual Trans 4wd 32's 2" lift. Seems that the Manual Trans makes it more difficult. Also any tips on the change over: currently have OEM manifolds to y pipe and single glass pak.
    Thanks in advance ! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Dynomax from jegs! Where I buy all my good cheap headers.

Jegs.com

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Heddman makes cheapie ones too, I have them on my 78 with a manual and they work fine. Need a little clearancing for the lower spring shackle bolts, but that's not a big deal, really. </font color>

4. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Dynomax work good just make sure you buy the A/C braket to go with them.

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

only problem i've had with my cheap dynomax headers is that they're pretty thin walled, and they dump a lot of heat into the engine bay, my truck started running a little lean and i toasted 5 plug wires at once....
    had i kept it in tune it wouldnt have happened...but the price of buying good header wrap is high...
    but other than that the dynomax have been great, just make sure you paint em or they'll rust real quick