Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tkjimmy, Sep 27, 2000.

1. tkjimmy

tkjimmy Registered Member

Ok, wife let me order the TES (Tubular Exhaust System) headers from Edelbrock. They make an application for my 1989 K5 (Part # 6857), and was wondering if anyone else has these. I was also wondering what all you TBI guys have done to find more performance on our 350's. Just put a fresh motor in, and besides a chip for the computer.......what else can we get away with. I have a Gibson Cat-Back on as well right now. Thanks.

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    http://tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Gota K&N air filter? That will help a little.

Dawson
    88 K5

3. tkjimmy

tkjimmy Registered Member

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Here is a list of possibles. You can put on a TBI spacer and put in new hp injectors and fuel reg. Along with a MSD or Crane HI-6 package. Or Flub it all and go with a Holley Projection complete unit. I cannot honestly say the spacer does anything, as I do not have one on mine. There was a post about here before though. You can also get get a wilder cam that is computer friendly from Crane. Large plug wires and HP cap with a good disributor from Mallory or MSD. New heads and/or port&polish your existing ones. And if your wife is really cool she will let you get them EXTRUDE HONED. Other than that change the pulleys( I dont want to do it 'cause of the reduced perfomance A/C and alternator output). Change to a lighter weight synthetic oil.

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

OK I have the TBI spacer and the airflow enhancer and the injector spacer from Turbo City and I picked up some power.

90K5

6. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status