Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dammit32, Dec 22, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I'm Considering a set of headers for a lil boost for the ole 350. I have a couple of concerns before I make a move. 1) Which brand to buy...I hear some are nothing but problems. 2) Will I have problems with them hitting my frame or driveshaft?

Maybe both of my concerns can be fixed by getting a certain brand /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I'll say Doug Thorley's if your not on a budget. Mine were easy to install, and dont hit the frame or the driveshaft. But expect to pay, especially if you get the coated like i did.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have the Edelbrock TES. they are good headers. Have had then for 3 years now and had no problems. rust or leaks.
    However I hear the crossover pipe may hit the front driveline with lifts over 4"

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I full agree on the Doug Thorleys Tri-Y headers. </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'll say Doug Thorley's if your not on a budget. Mine were easy to install, and dont hit the frame or the driveshaft. But expect to pay, especially if you get the coated like i did.

[/ QUOTE ] If ya don't mine, how much did the coated ones run ya ????

5. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

I got the Dynomax Cerama-Coat headers. They fit really good and the price is awesome. $219.00 and a lifetime warranty.

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

mine were, its been a year, but i believe they were like $450 or so. They looked GREAT, till i went and got em muddy /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif . Now im just too lazy to clean the mud off every 2 weeks, when i go wheeling. SO now they look rusted but they aint.

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Geat the Coated ones or take them someplace before you install them.... Keep the heat inside the header and save a starter or two....