Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Dec 4, 2003.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

What are you running? Why? And if you could change what would you recommend. Any opinions will be appreciated. I am looking at some block huggers to replace my hooker comps.

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Anything but stock manifolds is what I would recommend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I am running some Chevelle headers on my BB. They are much tighter and do not hang down like my old Dynomax headers. I did have to notch the motor mount housing on the drivers side and notch the frame on the passenger side but its nice and tight now. They are a few inches above the bottom of the frame.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I want the Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers. From everything I've heard, they are the best you can get for of trucks. But they are high $$$$.

5. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I went for the Flow-Tech Afterburners because I am a cheap bastard and a glutton for punishment. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

...just one more on the list to avoid. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers are definitely worth the money. If you can't afford them right now, wait until you can. They will be the last header you buy for your truck.

7. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I have some headmans that I got for like 90$ from summit or jegs, easy install and look and sound alot better then the set they replaced.

8. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have Dough Thorley Tri-Ys on my TBI 454. I think they were like $330. The fit great. I DID have to remove one of the factory bumpstops and I had to mod the knock sensor connector but other than that, NO issues...Love em

Chris