Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headlight relay ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyfumes, Mar 22, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Headlight relay ?\'s

Which one should I get and where sould I get them, and where exactly is the best place to install them in the circuit

2. Supergas

Supergas 1/2 ton status

Re: Headlight relay ?\'s

There are several good relays available. Hella makes the ones that I use. Check out MAD Enterprises for everything you need to know about automotive electrical. He sells some nice kits very reasonable.

3. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I put a Painless Performance Headlight Relay kit on my '89 and was very impressed with the quality of the kit. The actual relay was built by Hella.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/relays.htm

I bought the relay kit thru Autozone. The cost was $1.00 more than Painless's price, but Autozone paid for the shipping, so my net cost was less. The Autozone store I ordered thru had just opened and was trying do build up business. They actually had Painless send the Relay Kit via FedEx overnight, so I think they lost money on the deal.

4. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to/relays/>Here</a> is a link to a very comprehensive write up on this topic.

5. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

I did the Daniel Stern lighting upgrade from the above link last summer. I ordered the relays, lamps, and bulbs from Dan. I supplied my own marine grade wire and connectors ($). Best money I ever spent on my truck, driving is no longer a chore at night on country backroads. I would recomend this upgrade to anybody, you wont need to buy after market driving lights. I had planned on doing a write up on this but i cant find the roll of film i used when i took pictures. I'll be happy to answer any questions.
    cheers, rugger

Edited.... if you read it the first time you'd understand.