Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headlight, Taillight, Blinkers, Hazards Screwy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xdelirious45x, Jun 4, 2004.

1. xdelirious45x

xdelirious45x Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Ok, My right top headlight, the right fog light in the grill, and the right sidemarker light works beautifully. The left side is all dim. When I turn on my high beams. The right top headlight gets dim, and the right bottom works beautifully. The left side is completely blank. Its so screwy.

My taillights work beautifully. Reverse works beautifully. When I turn on my left turn signal, it delays about 4 second intervals. The right turn signal blinks normally except that the running lights blink, then reverse lights, then running lights again. It's kinda funny and cool. But I just wanna know, I'm thinking about rewiring the entire headlamps and taillamps, and just about every light.

Does anyone know where i can get a wiring schematic of these?
    Does anyone know where I can buy replacement connectors?
    Any other ideas or comments feel free!
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Check your grounds!

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Check all bulbs, I have had a screwy deal like that before and I had a bad bulb. Not in a K5 but no difference on what vehicle it is.

4. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

A poor ground connection to my trailer will make the lights go weird. As Tim suggested, check your grounds.

5. K5Kell

K5Kell Guest

Definetly have to agree with the others on checking the grounds, had a similar problem with the lights working improperly and one bad ground fixed it all.
    -Kell-

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wiring Schematic can be found in the back of a Haynes or Chiltons book.

Replacement connectors, either the junk yard or the GM dealership

Sounds like a ground, but ran into same problem when I spliced into one of the wires for some odd reason and drew juice from that so if you have done any wiring that could be it. Find another power source. Could also be a short in a wire but start with the simple stuff and work your way back to the fuse block.

7. vegas76k5

vegas76k5 Registered Member

I had the same problem when I first got my rig. It ended up being the wrong bulb in one of the sidemarkers. I had to switch to one with 4 metal 'bumps' on the base, not 2.