Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headlight....what brand/part #

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88jimmy4x4, Nov 17, 2003.

1. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

I have a LOW BEAM headlight burned out and I was wondering what brand and style are yall running. Is anyone running a "non-standard" headlight like the super bright or whatever or just the standard H4656?
    Just basically wondering if I should use this as an excuse to upgrade /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

(I have the 4 light top/bottom on my 88 Jimmy)

Thanks

2. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Sylvania has come out with a new(?) light called Cool Blue. Part number for my '75 was H6024CB. Put them in this weeked and they are so much brighter than the standard halogens the PO had put in there.

Checked on the '88 and low beam part is H6054CB and high is H4651CB. Got mine at O'Reilly's.

BH.

3. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

I'm using the H4656XV from Sylvania. They are really bright compared to the plain halogens. I got tired of not being able to see the road. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sylvania web page

4. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Excellent guys, thats just the info I was looking for /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

Hmmmmm, are the XVs better than the CBs ?? I have not looked at the specs. Just saw where they are available for Bubba, the '75. After this weekend of replacing bulbs, blowing dust out of the recepticles, spraying contact cleaner, and trying to hook them back up with the ancient plugs ((one time, I turned on the left blinker and the head lights blinked), maybe that was after I had cleaned my recepticle with a little Jacques Daniels)), I am through for awhile.

Any feedback appreciated. Especially on the XVs......

Thanks.

BH.

6. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I had wires pull out of one the molex headlight connectors on me last week on the 1982. I know exactly what you mean.

CB vs XV? In the H6054, which my 1986 uses, the power output seems to be the same (55 watts). In the H4656, which the 1982 uses, CB puts out 55 watts instead of the 60 watts on the XV. Not much more. I didn't see a comparison with lumens or candlepower, so no help there.

7. BEHJR

BEHJR 1/2 ton status

I suggest we nurse together with more Jacques and more gals. Well, maybe just one. Just need to find her, lol. Dang I am old.

Glad to hear I was not the only one with a problem.

Although mine was probably self inflicted.

BH.