Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

headlights dont come on

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Dec 14, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

in the 83 K20, all parking and side and interior and such lights work but no headlights, they did work and then they quit coming on when i turn them on, so its gotta either be dimmer switch or the headlight switch, i know that if the dimmer is unplugged then yuo wil have no headlights so it can be either, what does anyone think ?
    im debating on what to try first, hmm.

dimmer is on floor last year for that was this year- 83, and headlights are two large std equipment ones(custom deluxe minus deluxe bright front V22).

thanks

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

check to see how the terminals are on the dimmer..lots of corrosion can severely cut down on current flow..just a thought..

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

welp i looked and the yellow wire was removed from the plug at the dimmer and was conencted to the tan wire in which was still connected to dimmer as was the light green wire, sooooooo i cut wires all off and put on female spade connectors on ends of all three wires after removing the yellow wire from the tan wire and then i reconnected all three wires to the dimmer and still no headlights, soooo i dug through parts stashed and came across another dimmer and so i plug it in and guess what happened ?

the one that was in the truck was a replacement echlin or whatever cheapy, now i have an old AC Delco one /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the end of the yellow wire was burnt off

glad i used to snatch all reusable parts from trucks and stuff i have drug up here in the past to cut up

im running low on dimmer switches supply im gonna have to find some more vehicles to snag more from.