Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headlights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevydan3, Feb 15, 2005.

1. chevydan3

chevydan3 1/2 ton status

When I bought my truck 3 years ago, when you hit the bright light switch, the low beams would stay on and the high beams would also come on. I think the low beams were dual beam lights. Well the low beams burned out a while ago, and the replacements turn off when I hit the bright lights. The lights are model #4656, which is what was called for in the application guide at Kragen. Am I stupid or is there a different light I can buy to have my four beam setup back, I don't want to mess with wiring if I can get the right lights. Truck is an 82 K20 w/the quad headlights.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

you have already hit the nail on the head, the head lights are dule filament, meaning there are two lights in one, so the bottom lights are just high beams and the top are low, and high beams in one, with two different wires, you need to go back and buy the dule filiment ones or you can just leave these in it you want just the low ones on.

( but who does we all want MORE light hell just look at the front of my truck lol)