Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Headlights?!?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crash1369, Dec 26, 2005.

1. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

ok ive got an 88 blazer with 4 head lights, anybody know how they are supposed to work? the truck has a snow plow installed also and i have good reason to beleave that the wrong wireing kit was used. anyway i have replaced all of the bulbs (glass sealed beam deals) i got the (low beams?) top two to work are they suposed to be dual fillament bulbs? they seem to be working fine, when i switch back and forth between high and low i can see them change but the bottom two dont do anything. im sure there will be some wireing that i will have to figure out but im not actually sure how they are suposed to work which makes it pretty hard to fix :) when the high beams are on are all 4 suposed to be on? it seems that way, i guess the top 2 switch fillaments and the bottum 2 turn on right? thats how it seems to me like its suposed to work but i have seem kits to keep all 4 on so im not sure what was alltered on my truck any help you guys can give me or any good sorces for info would be great, thanks

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

If U have 4 lights, they are all supposed to be single filament.
    They might have put dual fialaments in the top and cut the bottoms so they could have brights with the plow on, mabey the tops clear the plow?
    Check http://slosh.com for wiring diagrams.....

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

:woohoo:

Just to clarify, that's http://brochures.slosh.com, and follow the link to wiring diagrams.

-- A

4. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

thats what i would have thought but even the computer at the auto parts store said dual fillament bulbs, allthough that could just be for universal purposes. but there is virtually no difference between the two settings so they deffinatly still need the other two lights.

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

My naybors 88 Sub has dual headlights and when Hi beams are on all 4 lights are on!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

yep my dads old 83 was 2 low 4 high . man could you see at night with that setup over a 2 lighter.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Thats exactly how my 83 is , all four on for high .

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah top two low/high beam dule filiment, bottom two high only. i have an 88 sub.

9. crash1369

crash1369 1/2 ton status

thats what i thought, thanks everybody